‣ Start by blanching the eggs with the sugar and vanilla sugar (mix the eggs and the sugar until it gets pale yellow)
‣ Warm the milk in a pan. You can add a vanilla pod that you will not forget to take away once the milk is warm! Depending on your tastes you could otherwise add a bit of cinnamon.
‣ Meanwhile you can add the flour to the blanched eggs and whisk it.
‣ Melt the butter. (be careful if you do it in the microwave, it can "explode" quickly).
‣ Add the hot milk and the butter to the first mixture and whisk until everything is well blended. It should be quite liquid.
‣ Grease the molds if needed.
‣ Put 5-6 half of mirabelles in each and fill with the pastry up to the top.
‣ Put in the oven (180°C) for about 20mins
‣ Wait until the clafoutis are cold to take them out of the molds.
‣ I've made this recipe with rice flour and maizena as shown in the ingredients list. It worked well and is good for gluten intolerants.
‣ I prefer using small molds as it cooks faster but you can obviously make bigger clafoutis in a cake tin or a 5cm pie tin. You should then double the quantities and bake it longer, around 40mins.
Instead of mirabelles, you can use cherries, raspberries, apricots, plums, strawberries...