‣ Start by cleaning the potatoes, you can peel them or directly boil them in the salted water, about 20mins. The point of not cooking them too much is you can transfer them in a bowl of cold water and the skin will go away easily. Cold water will also make the next step easier.
‣ At the same time, brown the lardons in a pan. You can also add an onion and deglaze with white wine.
‣ Preheat the oven at 180°C.
‣ Butter the oven dish. Slice the potatoes and put a first layer in the bottom. Cover it with a layer of lardon.
‣ Then put all together in a bowl the rest of sliced potatoes, lardons and the creme fraiche. Add salt and pepper at your convenience.
‣ Spread the mix of potatoes-creme-lardon in the dish.
‣ Take away the white layer of the Reblochon, cut it in two circles (horizontaly) and put it on top with the rind up.
‣ Make it roast in the oven for about 15mins, until the cheese has melted and the rind is getting golden-brown.
Serve it warm with salad and a white wine such as Roussette de Savoie or Apremont.